Plastic Free Helston
Published: 22 November 2018
Helston Town Council are interested in making Helston a plastic free town as part of the Plastic Free Coastlines Campaign but recognises that whilst the Council has a part to play it cannot do this without the support of the community.
In case you are not aware of this initiative, Plastic Free Coastlines is a campaign led by Surfers Against Sewage aimed at reducing the environmental impact of single use plastics and can involve all communities not just coastal towns and villages. The campaign requires the involvement of the whole community and the following five objectives must be met:
- Local Governance - Support and involvement of the Local Council;
- Local Business Involvement - Minimum of six businesses should remove at least three single use plastic items and replace with sustainable alternatives;
- Community Support - Gain widespread community support and engagement for Plastic Free Coastlines;
- Plastic Free Rallies - At least two community events to be held in one calendar year; and
- Strategic Group - Formation of a steering group which must meet at least once a year.
If you are interested in helping us become Plastic Free then please contact us on 01326 572063 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking volunteers to form the strategic party which leads the campaign and would be pleased to hear from anyone who is interested in being included.